Print Ad Development
Print advertising is part of any successful ad campaign. Newspapers, magazines and newsletters can all be effective vehicles for your print ads. Print ads can send a clear message to the reader about a product, a person or an idea. You can use a print ad to also lead the reader to draw their own conclusion. A well-executed concept with the right photography can have the reader wandering down memory lane, and left wanting to learn more about your product.
Tips for making your ads more successful:
- Stand Out: Highlight whatever makes you stand out. Use headlines to emphasize benefits of your products or services.
- Be Crystal: Readers should be able to know what you're advertising. Find a way to say less and communicate more. Sometimes the easiest way to say we are selling widgets is by saying, "We Are Selling Widgets."
- Use Images To Communicate: Use images that both grabs the reader's attention and depict your products or services. A picture is worth a thousand words.
- Call To Action: Be clear about the action you wish the customer to take. Phone calls, online purchases, or store visits are all calls to action. Adding a sense of urgency or fear-of-loss can also create action.
- Experiment: Test, test, test and test some more. Test different types of headlines, images, body copy, and ad sizes, and then measure the results. Running one ad will more than likely not drive customers to your doorstep. But finding the most effective ad techniques and building brand recognition through newspaper advertising is an excellent start.